You’re an Advanced Certified Scrum Master® (A-CSM®), becoming experienced in the Scrum Values, practices, and applications. You have coached people, teams and organisations to generate value through adaptive solutions for complex problems using Scrum.
The next step in your Agile journey is to distinguish yourself as a world-leading Scrum Master by obtaining the Certified Scrum Professional Scrum Master (CSP-SM®) certification and learning the next-level skills and techniques necessary to excel. It also might help you get your next promotion or a new job!
In our self-paced mentoring program, you will deepen your expertise and journey with other Scrum Masters while receiving guidance from our Scrum Alliance® Certified Agile Coaches.
Through the mentorship of this program, you’ll self-develop and self-validate your learnings to:
- Facilitate better dialogue between the Product Owner, Scrum Team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Be able to respond when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people.
- Increase engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
- (De)Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
- This self-paced mentorship program towards your Certified Scrum Professional Scrum Master (CSP-SM®) certification.
- It is not a multi-day course, and it is not validated through one on one coaching sessions.
- The learning objectives will be self-learned and validated in multiple mentorship sessions with Scrum Alliance, approved Educators to obtain this certification.
- To help you even more on this journey of self-learning included at no extra cost as part of this CSP-SM certification registration will be the Certified LeSS Basics (CLB) course (spread over two consecutive half-days). Whereby you can learn about how to use Scrum for descaling rather than just scaling alone.Yes, that’s right, an optional free, at no extra cost, Certified LeSS Basics (CLB) course is included in addition to this CSP-SM program just for you!
What Topics are Covered?
The CSP-SM certification program will help you take that next step in your growth as a Scrum Master and Agile Coach. By the end of this program, you will have deepened your knowledge on:
- Facilitate dialogue between the Product Owner, team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of critical people
- Help your company adopt Scrum and support executives committed to Agile values
- Remove impediments that prevent long-term, deep adoption of Scrum and Agile approaches by all parts of the business
- Explain the value of the Agile Scrum framework and processes to sceptics
- Increase developer engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in
- Leverage your learning to gain recognition and status as the go to Agile and Scum expert in your organisation
What is the Program Schedule?
People want to know more about Scrum and Agile, but they simply do not have time to spend 14 hours straight (or more!) in a classroom. If that’s your situation, then this rolling mentoring program could be for you. As it is rolling, you can join at any time and gain certification as you need it.
The program for certification can be completed over time in as little as two weeks or could go up to a year – you decide, working at your own sustainable pace, you’re in control!
By being empowered to learn in your way and in the field of your actual work of practical Scrum Mastering, you can enjoy the freedom of getting certified when it’s convenient and works for you.
When do we meet?
We meet as a group fortnightly on a Thursday between 5 pm and 6 pm UK time. Between sessions, the group use online chat to stay focused and often arranges additional sessions with each other to accelerate their certification.
Learn by Doing!
Unlike classroom-based training, we offer the chance to try out new skills and techniques during your day-to-day work.
You can then discuss these learnings in our regular mentoring sessions with leading industry experts doing Scrum in the field themselves from years of real-world practical experience.
All our educators coach in the field more than they train. We are on the journey with you.
During your first mentoring session, we will discuss the required self-learning log, review the Agile Coaching Growth Wheel and agree on what outcomes you desire from gaining the certification.
You can then attend a combination of community events, peer events, workshops, conferences and mentoring sessions whilst working individually to fill in the validation log (a brief small record of your learning). We shall provide the template log (small file) for you.
Once the self-learning log is complete and checked by a peer, we will spend some time with you reflecting on the difference the program has made to you. We will do this by reflecting on the updated agile coaching growth wheel and the agreed outcomes.
You will be required to attend at least four mentoring sessions to validate your competency against the program learning objectives.
Who is the program suitable for?
Scrum Masters who desire to grow their skill set and become more confident in the concepts and techniques necessary to progress their career through an industry-recognised certificate.
Agile coaches, consultants, program and project managers, facilitators, and technical leaders can benefit tremendously by incrementally building upon their CSM and A-CSM certification with the CSP-SM.
HR, People, Learning and Development departments that want to develop their staff to the next level of Scrum Mastery without disrupting work schedules.
The CSP-SM program can be taken any time after completing your CSM & A-CSM certifications. However, you must have at least 24 months of Scrum Master experience logged into your Scrum Alliance profile and an active A-CSM before you are eligible to receive your CSP-SM certification.
What will you receive?
Earn your credentials from the Scrum Alliance – the first, most widely recognised international Scrum certification organisation and the gold standard in Scrum education.
This means the Certified Scrum Professional Scrum Master (CSP-SM®) certification and the additional Certified LeSS Basics (CLB) certification from the LeSS Company. Two for One!
Competitive job market? No problem! Learn increasingly popular skills that employers are looking for to increase your marketability and stand out from the crowd. Distinguish yourself in a global marketplace.
Build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced implementation skills. Show your advanced value to your employer (or potential employer) as a highly trained Agile and Scrum professional.
Become part of the FREE Agile Affinity Alumni with access to ongoing events with other practitioners and Agile Affinity Alumni discounts.
What do I need to attend the online program?
Attending the online version of this program is simple. You just need access to a laptop/PC with a stable internet connection, audio/video and microphone capabilities. We will send you a digital version of the program notes as and when needed, which you can print off if you like, but this is not mandatory.
Full details of the tools we use during the program will be sent with your joining instructions shortly before the program start date.
Is there an exam?
No. The accreditation is achieved by completing the program requirements.
When can I start the program? How long do I have to finish?
Once you register, you can start your program immediately. (If you see a program “start” date on the Scrum Alliance website, those are only marker dates because of how their website is currently set up.) You have one year to complete the program. You go at your own pace.
How long will it take to complete the program?
Your availability will likely govern your pace of progress to complete all the work. Our programs are deep and challenging by design.
We recommend taking your time to find the right opportunities to practice what you learn, reflect on that experience and look for ways to improve.
If you are looking for a 2-day class, this program is not for you.
Can I take a break from the program if something comes up?
Is there a test at the end of the program? Will my work be graded?
There are NO tests to obtain the certification you can achieve with this program.
Our educators will be looking for evidence that you can practice what you have learned in the program with a Scrum/Agile team.
What is the best way to complete this program?
This program should be a learning experience you can complete at your own pace.
You will need to record your learning in a log. How you do this is up to you. Be as creative as you like.
Write them out, do a slide presentation, record a video, draw or whatever best enables you to learn and communicate that learning. The hope is that everything you learn in this program will be something you can repeat with your teams so your work can be your proven ground.
We look forward to working with you and are excited to have you continue your learning journey towards the certification.